Born in Seoul, Korea, Soo Sunny Park moved to the U.S. at the age of eleven and grew up in Marietta, GA and Orlando, FL. Park received her B.F.A. in painting and sculpture from Columbus College of Art and Design in Columbus, Ohio and a M.F.A. in sculpture from Cranbrook Academy of Art in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. After a residency at Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture, ME (2000), she worked in St. Louis, Missouri as an installation artist and as a Lecturer at the Washington University, School of Art. In 2001, Park was selected as the River Front Times “Best of 2001, Sculptor of St. Louis”. She is a recipient of a Joan Mitchell M.F.A. Grant, The 19th Annual Michigan Fine Arts Competition Grand Prize, The Helen Foster Barnett Prize from The National Academy Museum, New York, NY (2008), and The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Center Fellowship (2010).
- Cheekwood Botanical Garden and Museum of Art, Nashville TN, "Silver Linings"
- Permanent Public Sculpture, Keelung Railway Station, Taiwan
- Light, Play Of Brilliants, curated by Light Collective, Elephant Panama, Paris
- New Britain Museum of American Art "Boundary Conditions"
- Unwoven Light, Rice Gallery, Houston, TX
- Perception prisms, Jaffe-Friede and Strauss Galleries, Hanover, N
- Refraction, Ice Cube Gallery, Denver, CO
- Possession Liminal, Good Citizen Gallery, St. Louis, MO
- Fractal immersion, Reeves Contemporary in Chelsea, NY
- Commitment Liminal, FireHouse Gallery, Burlington, VT
- Transmission, FCA 2001-02 project, Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis, MO
- Bio-Structure: Geo Metro, Kranzberg exhibition, Laumeier Sculpture Park, St. Louis, MO
- Made pour adapter itself, The Boston Globe; Soo Sunny Park: Broken Illuminated, Art New England
- Soo Sunny Park: Playing with light and space International Center Sculpture, Sculpture Magazine
- The immutable and impermanent Soo Sunny Park, Centre International de Sculpture, Sculpture Magazine
- The time of the Equal distance on speed or nothing, Pageant: Soloveev, Philadelphia, PA
- Fabrications, Great Rivers Arts, project Cynthia Reeve, Newport, NH; The 183rd Annual: An Invitational - --- Exhibition of Contemporary American Art, National Academy Museum, New York, NY
- The 2007 Invitational Show The American Academy of Arts and Letters, New York, NY
- 6595 miles (10,614 km), Network Gallery, Cranbrook Art Museum, MI and La Totales gallery, Chongno-gu, Seoul
- Erga Topika: Working on the site of Thomas Jefferson School, MO
- The distance of Entre Nous, Dupreau Gallery, Chicago, IL
- Joan Mitchell Foundation, CUE Art Foundation, Chelsea, NY
- Exhibition IV: The space between Park Avenue Gallery, MO